In a tussle between the last remaining unbeaten teams in the GPAC, Hastings was able to edge Doane in women's tennis action on Thursday, 5-4. The Tigers close the season with two key match-ups as they continue to battle for a first round bye in the GPAC Tournament.
- Hastings took an early 2-1 lead by claiming two victories in doubles action. Doane picked up a win at No. 2 doubles, 8-4, as Ashley Zaeske (SO/Westminster, Colo.) and Cheyanna Kempel (SR/Lincoln, Neb.) teamed for the victory.
- In singles play, Ellie Bender (JR/Steamboat Springs, Colo.) claimed a straight set victory at No. 2 singles, winning 6-4 and 6-3 over Madison Fortunato.
- Breanna Kempel added a win at No. 3 singles over Bailey Christy, 6-4 and 6-3.
- Cheyanna Kempel won for the second time on the day with a victory at No. 6 singles, 6-0 and 6-3, over Brenna Obermier.
On Deck for the Tigers
- Doane will host Northwestern tomorrow, Friday, April 21, in a women's only contest as the Red Raiders do not have a men's team. First serve is set for 4 PM in Crete.