Men's Tennis - Thu, Apr. 20, 2017
Doane Men's Tennis battled the reigning conference champs on Thursday in Crete. Hastings made their way to town and was able to pick up enough key points in posting a 7-2 victory over the Tigers. The loss was the first for Doane in conference play.
- Hastings won all three doubles matches. At No. 1 doubles and No. 3 doubles, Doane fell in those matches, 8-6.
- In singles play, Hastings won four of the six matches with three of the matches going to a tie-break.
- Kris Kiland (SR/Prince George, BC) dropped his match at No. 1singles to Mark Gueswell, 6-4, 1-6 and 0-1 (8-10) as an injury slowed him down in the later stages of the match.
- Aaron Cook (SR/Lincoln, Neb.) ran past Zach Inman at No. 2 singles with a 6-0 and 6-2 victory.
- Elliott Abromeit (FR/Lawrence, Kan.) lost in a tie-break at No. 5 singles to Razvan Dobrin, 4-6, 6-2 and 0-1 (6-10).
- Ignacio Morell (SO/Madrid, Spain) won in a tie-break at No. 6 singles over Tanner Sandvick, 5-7, 6-1, 1-0 (10-6).
On Deck for the Tigers
- Doane will host Morningside on Saturday, April 22, in their final match of the regular season. The winner will likely be the No. 2 seed in the GPAC Tournament which begins on May 5 in Fremont.