Doane Women's Golf hosted the Kaitlyn Erickson/Doane Invitational on Tuesday morning in Lincoln at Wilderness Ridge GC. The meet, named in honor of the former Tiger who passed away from cancer a couple of years ago, was played under mostly cloudy skies but dry conditions after the previous two years saw rain and cold weather.
- Doane posted a team score of 397 on the day, taking 6th overall.
- Sarah Vaughn (SO/Grand Island, Neb.) led the Tigers with a 16th place finish as she shot an 89. Vaughn was 7th on the day in Par 4 scoring at 4-over par and recorded six pars on the day.
- Mikayla Bankson (JR/Hordville, Neb.) tied for 28th with a round of 99. Reba Burgett (SR/Verdon, Neb.) shot a 103 and tied for 36th.
- Autumn Hurd (FR/Bridgewater, S.D.) recorded a 106 and tied for 42nd. Brookely Nitsch (JR/Centura, Neb.) shot a 107 and placed 44th.
- Playing under individual status were Stephanie Hoshor (FR/Murray, Neb.), Maddison Hughes (JR/Deland, Fla.), Grace Denker (FR/Omaha, Neb.) and April Blackledge (JR/Denton, Neb.).
- Hoshor posted a season-best round with a 102 and tied for 33rd. Hughes shot a 111 to place 47th. Denker played her first round of the season and posted a 115 to place 49th. Blackledge recorded a 121 and placed 52nd.
- Iowa Western CC won the team title with a 315 total. Cassidy Evreniadis of IWCC claimed medalist honors and shot a 77, five-over par.
On Deck for the Tigers
- Doane will take their final days of practice prior to April 28 to prepare for the final three rounds of the GPAC Championship. The women will play 36 holes on April 28 with 18 holes played on April 29.