Doane Track and Field took on Nebraska Wesleyan in their annual dual Friday in Crete. The Tigers kept the crown home on the men's side while bringing it back home on the women's side with a pair of team victories. Doane defeated NWU, 113-90, on the men's side while the women's race was a little closer as the Tigers won, 105-97.
- The Tigers won 10 of the 19 events on the day with a pair of double-winners. Marissa DeWispelare (SR/David City, Neb.) and Rachel Bramhall (SR/Papillion, Neb. ) each won two individual events.
- DeWispelare met the NAIA provisional standard in the 1500m (4:37.71) and 5000m (17:40.24) runs. She was roughly two seconds off her personal best in each race.
- Bramhall posted times of 14.69 in the 100m hurdles and 1:04.18 in the 400m hurdles.
- The women's 4x100m relay of Bramhall, Alyssa Duval (FR/Omaha, Neb.), Jordan Wietzki (SR/Bartlett, Neb.) and Kaitlin Bradley (SR/Crete, Neb.) won in a time of 48.02, falling 0.03 seconds shy of the automatic qualifying time.
- The Tigers took the top three spots in the high jump with NAIA automatic qualifying heights. Shay Brown (SO/Roca, Neb.) won with a height of 1.74m (5-08.50). Claire Sintek (SO/Norfolk, Neb.) and Alexis Dale (FR/Ravenna, Neb.) each posted a height of 1.68m (5-06.00).
- Kate Grint (FR/Ord, Neb.) posted an automatic NAIA qualifying distance in the discus with a throw of 45.34m (148-09).
- Maegan Hiatt (SO/Hershey, Neb.) won the pole vault with a mark of 3.35m (10-11.75). Bradley won the long jump with a mark of 5.23m (17-02.00). Jaysa Hoins (SO/Superior, Neb.) won the triple jump with a leap of 11.24m (36-10.50). Maitlyn Thomsen (SO/Beaver Crossing, Neb.) won the javelin with a mark of 38.68m (126-11).
- Doane won 12 of the 19 events on the day with a pair of double-winners. Zach Hickman (SR/Parker, Colo.) and Zach Brittain (JR/Grand Island, Neb.) won two events each on the day.
- Hickman took claim to the 110m hurdles (15.74) and 400m hurdles (57.90).
- Brittain won the shot put with an automatic qualifying distance of 17.21m (56-05.75). He won the discus with another automatic distance, marking at 50.54m (165-10).
- Michael Tross (JR/Saint Kitts) won the 100m dash in a time of 10.74, meeting the provisional qualifying time.
- Alan Varela (SO/Oxford, Neb.) gave the Tigers their final individual win on the track, winning the 800m run in a time of 1:56.63.
- The men's 4x400m relay team of Varela, Dillon Nerud (SO/Crete, Neb.), Tanner Harsin (FR/Syracuse, Neb.) and Hickman won in a time of 3:21.55.
- Dakarai Hightower (JR/Tacoma, Wash.) came 3/4 of an inch shy of tying the school record in the high jump, posting an automatic qualifying height of 2.14m (7-00.25). Austin Becker (SO/Norfolk, Neb.) met the provisional standard with a mark of 2.04m (6-08.25).
- Doane dominated the pole vault, led by Drew Klein (JR/Papillion, Neb.) with a height of 4.90m (16-00.75). Holden Oelke (SR/Hickman, Neb.) hit a height of 4.80m (15-09.00) as both Tigers eclipsed the automatic qualifying height.
- De'Andre Miller (SR/Los Angeles, Calif.) met the automatic standard in the triple jump with a leap of 14.68m (48-02.00). Shingai Kusena (JR/Marondera, Zimbabwe) passed the provisional standard with a mark of 14.23m (46-08.25).
- Ben Berreckman (JR/Holdrege, Neb.) posted a pair of provisional qualifying throws on the day. In the shot put, he hit a throw of 15.76m (51-08.50) while posting a mark of 47.54m (156-00) in the discus.
- Dalton Bichlmeier (SR/Norfolk, Neb. ) won the hammer throw with a top toss of 48.04m (157-07). Seth Henry (SR/San Antonio, Texas) won the javelin with a throw of 46.06m (151-01).
On Deck for the Tigers
- Doane will host the Jim Dutcher Invitational on April 21-22.